It’s no secret that having influential clients with broad professional networks can be one of the best sources for referrals. A great “niche” market is effective with one of the most influential people in any community: Ministers. If you’re interested in increasing your client base, you should take our Continuing Education course on the rules for properly filing Clergy and Minister Returns.
Clergy and Minister Taxation
Key learning objectives:
Upon completion of Clergy and Minister Taxation, the student will be familiar with the following topics:
- The IRS tests for the definition of a minister
- The types of jobs that might qualify the taxpayer as a minister
- The rules for determining if a minister is self-employed
- The tax benefits for a minister: (housing allowance, exemption from Social Security coverage, self-employed status for Social Security purposes, and exemption from income tax withholding).
- Describing and calculating the Deason Rule
- Identifying the forms associated with ministerial tax returns
- Completing a minister return
Publication Date: July 2018
IRS Course #: A360U-T-00093-18-S
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites/Advanced Preparation: The student should be familiar with Form 1040.
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
License Term: 180 days
CPE/CE Credits: IRS 2 CE Federal Tax. One 50- minute period equals one CPE/CE Credit Hour.
Field of Study: Tax
Passing Grade: Participants who answer a minimum of 70% correct on the final exam will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Record Retention: As an IRS-approved provider of continuing education The Tax University will report successful completion of this course to the IRS. You can access and view all completed continuing education credits through your online PTIN account.
Complaint Resolution Policy: Please contact our customer service department at 1-434-227-4480.
Refund Policy: 30-day money back guarantee. For refund assistance, please contact our customer service department at 1-434-227-4480.
The Tax University Offers Substantial Discounts When You Purchase Multiple Courses! All Discounts Appear At The Bottom Of The Order Page When More Than One Course Is Selected.
Click Here To Order The CE Course Clergy and Minister Taxation